Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tainted by K.A. Robinson Tour and Review


Book description
Part One: Facing My Demons
Drake lost everything the day Chloe walked away from him. Feeling angry and hurt by her abandonment, he dives deeper into his cocaine use. Each day becomes a struggle for him. After his band is picked up by a recording studio in Los Angeles, things go from bad to worse. What happens to a man who has lost everything he ever truly cared about?
Part Two: Learning to Love Again
When Drake showed up on Chloe’s doorstep, begging for forgiveness, she couldn’t turn him away. To Chloe, loving Drake is like breathing and she couldn’t bring herself to let him go again.
But what happens next? Follow Chloe and Drake as they learn to forgive and heal together.
Will Drake’s fame get in the way of their happily ever after? Or is love enough to keep them together?
The epic conclusion to Drake and Chloe’s story.

 photo add-to-goodreads-button_zps438cf21a.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`



“Please, Chloe. I love you. I want to spend every second of my life with you from now until the day I die. I can’t live without you,” I pleaded.

This had gone so much better in my head. While I knew she would be angry, I had hoped that I wouldn’t have to resort to groveling to get her to take me back. If I had to though, I would. I would rather die than spend one more day without her.

“I don’t want to get hurt again, Drake,” she whispered. “I can’t take it.”

I grabbed her and pulled her into my arms. She struggled at first, but I held on tight, refusing to let her go.

“I will never hurt you again, Chloe. Never. Let me prove it to you.”

I pressed my lips to hers and kissed her like I was dying, like it was the last kiss we would ever share because it might just be our last. When I let her go, she might slap me and then never speak to me again. If she did, I wanted to remember the feel of her lips against mine for the rest of my life.

Despite what she’d said, her body responded to me instantly. She wrapped her arms around me and kissed me back, showing me just how much she still wanted me. I groaned as her lips parted, and I slipped my tongue inside her mouth, flicking my tongue ring against her tongue in a way that I knew drove her crazy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Tainted is book 3 in The Torn Series and the continuation of Drake and Chloe's story. Tainted fills in a lot of the blanks that were skipped over in Twisted. Tainted starts out being told in Drake's POV. Chloe has known for awhile something was off with Drake but she didn't know what until she found the bag of cocaine. And she made him choose between her and his drugs.

"...Either you get your shit together or I'm walking out the door right now, and I won't be back..."

"...I can't do rehab. Just let me do this on my own. Please..."

Drake struggles only get worse after Chloe leaves him. And the pressures of a record deal on top of losing her pushes Drake to turn deeper into the drugs until he overdoses. Drake is left with the choice to lose everything or get clean.

"...I need help..."

"... I thought we'd lost you. This has to stop Drake..."

Drake spends 2 months in rehab getting clean and another month making sure he can cope with life before going after Chloe. He has to not only prove that he is clean but he has to try to win her back.

"...Please, Chloe. I love you. I want to spend every second of my life with you from now until the day I die. I can't live without you..."

"...I do want to be with you. There's no way I can deny that now..."

Part 2 of Tainted is told from Chloe's POV.  She is leaving her life behind in WV to start her life together with Drake in L.A. Drake decides to make the trip a road trip so they can have alone time together before they meet up with the band in L.A. Along the drive they decide to take things slow and work through their issues.

"...How do we heal?..."
"...Together.  We heal together..."
The move to L.A is not an easy one for Chloe. Although they spend every moment together they can Drake is very busy with getting his album ready to release and his tour set up. After about a month Chloe finally gets a chance to go to work with Drake. But while Drake is in the recording studio, Chloe is left with the boss who puts doubts about her going on the tour in her head and Drake has to convince her otherwise.  
"...Your presence will be nothing more than a hindrance to the entire tour..."
"...I don't want to destroy your career..."
"...Chloe when it comes music or you, I will always choose you..."
A week before they are to leave to go on tour Drake decides he needs a break from everything. He plans for them. To spend a week back in WV before the tour but also to surprise Chloe with a wedding at their spot on Cheat Lake.
"...No matter how long I live, I'll never be able to tell you that I love you enough times..."
"...I'm grateful for every day I've spent with you and for every day that I will spend with you..."
Part 3 goes back to Drake's POV and takes place 7 years later. He is wrapping up the last concert of the tour in Las Vegas, while a  very pregnant Chloe is at home. At the end of the show Drake finds out Chloe has went into labor and he must fly 4 hrs then drive another 2 to get to her just in time to welcome their baby into this world.
"...Shh...you can do it. I'm right here with you..."
I really enjoyed this book. I am glad K.A Robinson took the time to allow us to see a little more into Drake and Chloe's lives. From the dark times, to their very precious moments, and a look at their happily ever after.  I give this book a Nerd Alert A or 4.5 stars!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`



Author Bio:
K.A. Robinson is the New York Times and USA Today Best Selling Author of The Torn Series and Shattered Ties. She lives in West Virginia with her husband and toddler son. When she isn't writing, she loves to read dystopian, zombie, and New Adult books. She has an addiction to Caribou and Starbucks coffee.

Author Links:
Novelisting: http://bit.ly/1fThlls


Other books by K.A Robinson


The Ties Series:
Shattered Ties: http://amzn.to/1dhVZk2


Mailing list:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik